Thursday, January 16, 2020

Start of Final Task

My name is Danielle and I am a student at Fort Lauderdale High in Florida. I am in 10th grade and I am currently 16 years old. I am currently taking 4 AICE classes, including this class. The AICE classes that I am taking are Thinking Skills, Media Studies, English Language and European history. This is a big challenge to take on as a 10th grader, but it is very important in order to achieve my AICE diploma. I am looking forward to graduating with this extra diploma, with hopes that I can get into a prestigious college that I wish to attend in the future. I am aspiring to get accepted into University of Florida, and I strongly believe that my AICE diploma will be a prominent feature in this journey. In my free time, I go to dance every day after school. I have been dancing since I was very young and I hope to continue my journey throughout college. I aspire to dance in college as well, to keep me busy and in shape.
Before taking this class, I did not know much about editing and filming. After filming our commercial and music video, I have learned many different ways to film, plan and edit a video successfully. In our first project, our commercial, we used pinnacle studios to edit. However, using the school computers for this combined with this application, did not result so well. Our final project was successful, but there were many malfunctions along the way dealing with the computers. On the other hand, our music video that we created turned out just the way we had planned. We decided to film with our iPhones and edit on iMovie instead of using pinnacle studios on the school computers. It was much easier to edit and manipulate. For this project, I am working with Julia and we are very excited to begin. We are planning on using iMovie this time, as it was the most successful application to use.
To begin working on our project, the first step that we need to approach is creating our pitch. A pitch is a hollywood term to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. It took us a while to think about, but after long discussion we finally narrowed it down to 3 ideas. Our first idea is, “As normal, a mom comes home from work, excited to see her daughter. However she is not there... where did she go?” This idea is inspired from our idea to create a horror movie involving kidnapping. Our second pitch idea is, “Its Halloween and as a tradition, a group of friends explores an abandoned house. However this year turns out different... what do they find?” This idea is a mystery movie involving a group of kids finding a bottle with a note in it that takes them for a journey. Our last idea is, “A girls night out goes wrong and someone ends up with a poisoned drink. Who poisoned them?” This idea is also a mystery movie, involving a group of girls who go out for a normal night. They are all given waters, and the waiter gives them the drinks in a weird way, causing them to suspect something. One girl falls ill, leading them to believe that someone poisoned their drinks. So far, we are leaning towards this idea because we believe it is the most original and creative. Below, are pictures of us working on our blogs and pitch ideas today, 1/16/2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment