Sunday, October 6, 2019

Introductory

Hello. I am Danielle from Fort Lauderdale High School. I am 15 years old and I am currently in 10th grade. At my school, I participate in the Cambridge program, where I take various rigorous AICE classes. I must take 7 to receive the diploma, and I am currently taking the last 4 to complete all of my AICE credits. I enjoy school and learning new things, especially in subjects like math and English. The classes that I am taking now are: AICE English Language, AICE Media Studies, AICE European History, AICE Thinking Skills, Culinary Arts 2 Honors, Chemistry Honors and lastly Pre-Calculus Honors. Next year, I hope to take AP classes as well. My plan is to always do well in school, so that I can hopefully get into a good college, like University of Florida.

One of my many interests includes dancing. I have been dancing since I was 5 years old at Astrid Audet Academy of  Ballet and more. I dance every day of the week except for Fridays and Sundays. We do 2 shows a year, our annual recital and the Nutcracker ballet. We also attend one competition in April, which is one of the highlights of my year. I find dance as a source of relief, and a safe place. It is calming every day after school to go to dance, and be in a healthy environment with all of my close friends. It is also a good way to stay healthy and in shape, all year round. A few years ago, I was accepted to the Joffrey summer program in New York City, where I spent 2 weeks. I learned so much and grew tremendously as a dancer, which I hope to continue to do for the next few years, hopefully in college as well.

Some more of my interests include spending time with my friends and family, going to the gym and traveling. I enjoy visiting new places with my family, and experiencing new activities as well. In my free time when I am not at dance, I enjoy going to the gym and working out for fun. I appreciate eating healthy and staying fit through exercise like the gym, or even at dance. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and on the weekends. I am an only child, so my family, including my grandparents are very special to me. On the other hand, one of my dislikes are doing homework, or a lot of school work. I do not dislike many things, however I find homework to be a burden on me. I know that it is crucial for success in school that I must complete all of my work, but I do not enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment